Date(s) - September 16, 2017
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Melrose Unitarian Universalist
Rev. Marta, the Board and the Worship Committee invite everyone to attend a UUCM workshop on Saturday, September 16 from 9am to 1pm in Melrose. We’ll discuss worship, our covenant and 2017-18 goals. All members and friends of UUCM are welcome to attend.
- Worship – This will be a chance to provide input and feedback on our worship service, see some upcoming changes that are being made to the order of service, and learn more about Soul Matters.
- Covenant – This will be an opportunity to discuss and provide input on our covenant, and whether we want to alter it to reflect our shared values and ideals.
- Goals – The Board has discussed some overarching goals for this church year; this will be an opportunity to see them, provide feedback or suggestions for changes, and to start talking about concrete steps we can take to achieve these goals. As a sneak preview, here are the high-level goals that the board has discussed:
- Hire and onboard a new Music Director
- Energize and engage our congregation as we complete our first full year with Rev. Marta
- Facilitate education of the congregation on what it means to have a Minister of Color
- Have a balanced budget in 2018-19
- Continue our progress on increasing our membership
- Document and update policies, including Safe Congregation, Building & grounds, etc.
- Have fun in fellowship!
This will be taking place at Melrose Unitarian Universalist, located at 70 W Emerson Street, Melrose, MA. For those without a car, it is accessible via public transit (generally, bus from Oak Grove Orange Line T stop); check out Google Maps for more details.
You are welcome to join for some or all of the topics as you’re interested. Here is the rough agenda:
- 9:00-9:15 – Gathering/centering
- 9:15-10:15 – Worship discussion, led by Rev. Marta
- 10:15-10:30 – Break
- 10:30-11:30 – Covenant discussion, led by David Parker/Carolyn Cronin
- 11:30-12:00 – Lunch
- 12:00-1:00 Goals discussion, led by Brendan Shea
Water and coffee will be provided. Please bring lunch and any other drinks you would like. There is a kitchen with a refrigerator available for use. There is also a coffee shop and an Italian takeout restaurant within walking distance.
If you’d like to bring snacks to share, that would be fantastic!
Please RSVP to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we have a rough idea of how many people will be attending. Also, if anyone is in need of a ride, or is willing to offer rides, please let me know as well and we will look to match riders with ride givers.
Please join us for this important opportunity to help shape our church community!
UUCM Board Chair