Spring is almost here and our LARGE UUCM church rummage sale fund-raiser is approaching – Saturday, April 7, 9 to 2. Last year we raised $3500 in support of church operating costs. This is a good target for this year.
This is what we need from YOU:
- STUFF TO Sell! You can drop items at Church beginning next Sunday, March 4. Tell your friends and neighbors who often are looking for a good place to donate items. Housewares, kitchen items, books, clothes, toys, small furniture, sporting and recreation items, office and craft supplies, knick-knacks, decorative items are all welcomed. Please, no items that are broken or dirty. Also, no TVs, large monitors, large exercise equipment nor large plastic children’s toys. If you question if something is appropriate, please ask.
- We need help spreading the word about the Rummage Sale – via flyers, Craigs List, on-line postings, list-servs, Facebook, Patch, etc. Let me know what you can do.
- We need lots of help during the week and a half before the sale to sort, price, and organize items. The better organized we are in advance, the better the sale goes on April 7. We also need lots of help the day of the sale from beginning to end. Here are some of the work dates:
- Friday, March 23 – afternoon
- Friday, March 30 – (Good Friday)
- Wednesday, April 4 – evening
- Thursday, April 5 – afternoon and evening
- Friday, April 6 – most of the day and evening
- SATURDAY, APRIL 7 – 8:15 am to 2 pm, cashiers, baggers, refreshment table, floor help
- SATURDAY, APRIL 7 – 2 pm to 4:30 pm, clean-up, bag-up, deliver leftovers to Goodwill, etc.
If there is a specific time you can work that is not listed, let me know.
- We could use paper bags with handles. I will let you know if we need grocery-size plastic bags.
- Are you able to pick-up items to be donated from someone’s home, if needed?
- Someone suggested we have an Express Check-Out Lane for people with only a few items. Sounds like a good idea.
Kindly respond directly to my email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yours in this annual Rite of Spring,