The UUCM Book Group has been meeting since 2015. Each year we read up to ten books, one a month between September and June.
Here is the list of books for the 2021-2022 church year:
- September: Caste, by Isabel Wilkerson.
- October: On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous, by Ocean Vuong.
- November: We Were Eight Years In Power: An American Tragedy, by Ta-Nehisi Coates.
- December: The Story of More: How We Got to Climate Change and Where We Go From Here, by Hope Jahren.
- January: Passionate for Justice: Ida B. Wells as Prophet for Our Time, by Catherine Meeks and Nibs Stroupe.
- February: Arguing With Zombies, by Paul Krugman.
- March: The Inconvenient Indian, by Thomas King.
- April: Narrative of The Life of Frederick Douglass: An American Slave, by Frederick Douglass.
- May: The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together, by Heather McGhee.
- June: Liberté, by Kaitlyn Greenidge.
- July: Woman Hollering Creek and other stories, by Sandra Cisneros.
- August: Paper Wife, by Lalia Ibrahim.