UUCM is forming a group to explore how we might more fully embody our covenant of being a diverse, welcoming community. We intend to nurture a religious community where people of all races, ethnicities and cultures see their cultural identity reflected and affirmed. We will consider many aspects of congregational life including worship & music, fellowship, religious education, social justice, our physical space, leadership and governance.
This group will meet monthly on the 4th Thursday of the month. Our first meeting will be on Thursday, September 26th at 7pm in the Moore Room (the meeting room off the social hall at the back of the church building). In our first meeting we’ll choose some resources to help guide our conversations; The agenda is below. All members and friends of the UUCM community are welcome.
The meeting begins at 7pm and will conclude no later than 9pm.
– Opening Reading & Chalice Lighting
– Introductions / Checkins / What brought you here today?
– What is multicultural ministry?
– Sharing Circle: what are your hopes and concerns for this team?
– Brainstorm: how do we want to begin this work? (If you have ideas already, please bring suggestions of specific books, videos, events, etc that you would like the group to consider)
– Decide how we want to spend our next meeting(s) and decide if there is any “homework” suggested.
– Closing reading or meditation
Please join us. If you have questions, they can be directed to Melissa at email@example.com