Temporary Space Use Policy – as of May 1, 2021
A group may request the use of Benker Hall if the following conditions are met:
- The group has no more than 15 people.
- Attendees who are not part of the same immediate household must be seated at least 6 feet apart. (Members of the same immediate household are permitted to sit together and less than 6 feet apart.)
- All attendees and staff must wear face coverings or masks in accordance with COVID-19 Order No. 31 and the Department of Public Health’s Guidance.
- No food or drink is permitted during any in-person gatherings.
- The group has a process in place to ensure that members will not attend if the following is true of them:
- Member is experiencing any symptoms such as fever (100.0 and above) or chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, runny nose/congestion, new loss of taste or smell, or nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Member has had “close contact” with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19. “Close contact” means living in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, caring for a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, being within 6 feet of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more, or coming in direct contact with secretions (e.g., sharing utensils, being coughed on) from a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, while that person was symptomatic
- Member has been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by their doctor or a local public health official.
Events must be scheduled through the usual process for submitting to the space-use calendar for approval.